- Hazchem Storage
When it comes to storing your hazardous substances it’s vital that you store them correctly in order to be compliant and to minimise any risks to people, property or the environment.
There’s a lot to consider and The Regulations (Health & Safety at Work Hazardous Substances Regulations 2017) set out different storage requirements for different classes, types and quantities of hazardous substances.
You will need to consider:
- Ensuring incompatible substances are segregated from each other
- Restricting access to storage areas for unauthorised personnel
- Deciding whether to store goods inside or outside
- Providing secondary containment to capture any spills or leaks
- Making sure your storage solutions meet the relevant standards
pH7 offers an extensive range of HAZCHEM storage solutions including:
- Secondary containment pallets, trays and decks that capture spills and leaks
- Indoor hazardous goods cabinets, all manufactured to meet the appropriate Australia/New Zealand standard (e.g. AS1940:2017 – The storage and handling of flammable and combustible liquids)
- Drive over bunding solutions to go across doorways or around racking
- Outdoor hazardous substances stores for drums and IBC tanks
- Portable containment bunds for temporary containment
If it all seems a bit confusing, don’t worry, our highly trained and experienced team, can provide advice on the best solution for your needs to ensure you are compliant and can get on with your business.
To speak with one of the team about our HAZCHEM storage needs give us a call on 0800 323 223. Ask us about coming to your site and doing a site storage risk assessment.