- Hazchem Response
If you store hazardous substances on-site, then you need to be prepared for an emergency. Typical emergencies include:
- A spill or leak of a hazardous substance
- Exposure to a hazardous substance either through inhalation, skin absorption or ingestion
- Fire caused by a chemical reaction or ignition source
Depending on the volume and type of hazardous substances you use and store on site you may trigger the threshold that requires you to have an Emergency Response Plan (ERP). You can find out whether you trigger these quantities here
pH7 offers an extensive range of emergency response equipment to help you respond quickly and effectively to a chemical emergency. Our chemical emergency response solutions fall into six categories:
- Spill Kits – ready made kits that include a mixture of absorbents to deal with a spill. Kits vary depending on the amount they will absorb, which type of spills they target (Oils, Chemicals, or Universal) and the type of container they come in including bags, buckets, or wheelie bins
- Industrial Absorbents – ph7 International offer an extensive range of industrial absorbents including SpillTech® polypropylene pads, socks and pills, SpillFix® Coir Peat (a.k.a floor sweep), Mineral Sponge® (a.k.a zeolite) and Uni-Safe® chemical binder.
- Containment Booms – designed to contain spills on water
- Emergency Showers & Eyewashes – plumbed deluge showers and eyewashes from Guardian, all manufactured and certified as meeting the ANSI Z358.1 and AS4775 standards.
- Tobin® Saline Eyewash System – Europe’s leading sterile eyewash system for areas where plumbed eyewashes are not practical.
- TRELLTENT™ – Inflatable Decon cabins and mass decontamination systems and accessories.
To get started on your Emergency Response Plan you can have a look at the products and videos we’ve listed here. You can also download our Spill Response and Emergency Showers and Eyewash catalogues, which gives you an overview of some of the most common solutions.
To speak with one of the team about your Emergency Response needs give us a call on 0800 323 223 or use the chat function on the bottom right of our webpage. Ask us about coming to your site and doing a site storage risk assessment.